January 28, 2011

Canon + Diana = Panorama

I've been having fun with collages lately. My newest one shows six segments of a beach scene at Fort Story, one of my favorite places to enjoy the Virginia scenery and experiment with cameras. These photos were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel, with a plastic Diana lens attached via an adapter. I loaded the camera with black and white 35mm film, which I then scanned using the color setting, giving the images the slightest hint of color.

The plastic Diana lens is known for its dreamy, soft-focus look. But when the lens is set up correctly, at least a part of the image near the center should be sharp. These photos are a little blurry throughout. So... I did well with the light meter, but I know what I need to work on for next time.

Because of course there will be a next time before too long, when I'm out experimenting with the Canon camera and the Diana lens combination again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment